Stumped on how to celebrate the spooky season this year? Never fear, muahaha 💀🕯️ We’ve got you covered with a COVID-safe activity no matter who you are. Scope out this list of events local to the Vancouver area; you’re sure to find something that’s up your alley!
For wicked wine-os: Halloween Candy & Wine Pairing
- Join Hip Chicks Do Wine, Portland’s oldest urban winery, for a fun pairing of Halloween candy and wine. Flight includes 5 candies paired with 5 wines, and a sample of their Seasonal Witches Brew Sangria!
- Date(s): October 22 – 24; see website for winery hours
- Location: 4510 SE 23rd Ave, Portland, OR 97202
- Price: $25 per person
For kandy-krazed kiddos: Booville at the Vancouver Mall
- The Parks Foundation of Clark County is holding a drive-through event at the Vancouver Mall parking lot, and plans to hand out 500 treat bags!
- Date: October 30, noon to 2:00pm
- Location: Vancouver Mall parking lot (8700 NE Vancouver Mall Dr, Vancouver, WA 98662), near the theater
- Price: free!
For frightfully fit folks: ‘Scary Run’ in Washougal
- The 6th Annual Scary Run offers half marathon, 10K, or 5K distances, so there’s options for every experience level! From their website: “Get out your Halloween costumes and be prepared to be scared out of your wits. If the running doesn’t increase your heart rate, being chased by monsters, zombies and psycho freaks will! Festive food and drink to follow the race!”
- Date: October 31, 8:30am
- Location: Reflection Plaza, Pendleton Way, Washougal, WA 98671
- Price: half marathon is $85; 10K is $65 for adults, $32 for juniors; 5K is $50 for adults, $25 for juniors, and free for ages 12 and under
For monstrous moviegoers: Cinema of Horrors Drive-In
- There’s more to this event than just frightening films – scare-actors will be lurking in the parking lot, too (though they won’t touch you or your car)! From their website: “This unique drive-in experience lasts approximately two hours depending on film length and features high-quality sound and lighting, in-car audio, Hollywood quality makeup, monsters, and terrifying twists.”
- Dates: October 8 – 31. Gates open at 5:00pm, films begin at 7:15pm
- Location: Clark County Fairgrounds (17402 NE Delfel Rd, Ridgefield, WA 98642)
- Price: $69 per vehicle
For history haunters: Clark County Historical Museum Haunted Walking Tours
- Experience a spooky slant on history with the CCHM Haunted Walking Tours! Max of 25 people per group, length of walk ~1mi. Costumes appreciated!
- Dates: Fridays and Saturdays throughout October; tours begin at 6:00pm
- Location: 1511 Main St., Vancouver, WA 98660
- Price: $18 per person ($15 for CCHS members); tix required for anyone 6+